Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Fall rides - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics

Fall rides

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall rides - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall rides

Post by Smilodon Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:14 am

Looks like something out of a horror movie... "The chickens are stealing the tires! THE CHICKENS ARE STEALING THE TIRES!!"

Yes, I understand you are getting something CNN is colorfully calling the "Bomb Cyclone"... Sounds like new motorcycle.
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Weather here on the banana coast is still suitable for riding! Seems as though it's just Cape Breton that has escaped so far! Just saw postings that New Brunswick got dumped on...

Anyhoo... Ride this week to find the source of the Mira. (not really... any excuse to ride...) Famous local river. Not sure why though, it's not very long and there is nothing important on it... Just pretty...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-10map_zps2b9afd28

Revisited some of the roads from last week just to check if they were as much fun as I thought...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-108_zpse64a25d3

Yup! They are!

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-1010_zpsd4127c27

Off to adventure land...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-101_zpsd32f3478

Breathtaking things you find at the end of a road...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-10RedCape5_zps500a85b4

...and sometimes just curious things... 1917 last occupant. Not a house for miles...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-10RedCape7_zps12824695

Serious blasting road on the way back...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-1030_zps93e455df

Wait! What's this? Spidey senses tingling... Foe ahead?

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-1021_zps7f35e5f8

YES! Target LOCKED ON!!  

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-1027_zpsaf9c7ed6

Aww... pfawwww.... False alarm. Friendly...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-1027b_zpsd2875f1f

Time to head for home, nice to have a riding companion!

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-11-10b7_zps3cd1b57e

A few flakes falling as I post... Don't think it's the end quite yet though. I DO have snow tires on the KLR, after all...
    j.p.
    j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:32 am

I didn't realize the KLR had one of those tracking thingies. Or is that just a CGI special effect?

Went to see the "On Any Sunday The Next Chapter" at the theater this weekend. Not as nice as actually riding, but at least motorcycle fun of some sort.

Hopefully going to get some electricity in the garage this weekend. That will make using the bike a bit easier, as well as charging the batteries for everything, etc.
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Tracking device is optional on Canadian KLRs, along with cloaking for group rides with cruisers, and of course the 'mandatory' option of the winter package...

Fall rides - Page 2 <a href=Fall rides - Page 2 WintertiresMedium" />

I got a copy of 'Why we ride', but I wasn't impressed... I'll go look for SundayII... They are threatening the first snow here in a few days. Today was 15 degrees (about 60 American degrees) which is just about perfect for adventuring except that I was stuck in training sessions all day long. I don't WANT to be trained anymore!
    At your latitude the nights get a little longer in the winter, don't they? We're dark from 5PM to 7AM now.... blehh... Not as bad as Eddy, mind you...
    j.p.
    j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Sad to see you got all those nasty nails in your tire! Wink

(to be honest we might be needing them down here soon...)

"Why we ride" was kind of neat for us, because we saw the premier and many of the folks in the movie were in the audience. It was "ok".

On any Sunday is more like the original OAS. It is Bruce Brown's son doing it, with Dad as executive producer. It was just fun to see it on the big screen with all the "tiny hi-def cameras everywhere" technology upgrades.

There is also an "On Any Sunday II" which was done in the 70's and is "meh". This one is subtitled "the next chapter", and is in limited theater release around here for a week or so.
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Boy! Do web-forums ever go flat after the season! I know this particular forum is miniscule in the extreme Rolling Eyes , but the other forums are pretty quiet too!
    I put the stabilizer in the tanks last week, but might have been too soon. Everybody else within 200 miles got monsoon rains, mountains of snow, hurricane winds, the works...
    We got a bit of wind and a few hours of rain. cheers

Temperature today is 10C (60F). Should really have been out riding, but I spent the time 'cleaning up' in case the inevitable gets here early...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-12-13-catalonelake_zps3f6da8f2

All quiet on the lake...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-12-131_zpsfb6fd46a

Ocean side was a little rough though... Still high winds out at sea...

Fall rides - Page 2 2014-12-137_zps3bd87a95

You can hear the crashing all night. Think we'll keep the windows closed tonight even if it is warm(ish) out!

Hey Chris! Did you have anything to do with the Mars rocket? How's the house fixing getting along?
    j.p.
    j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Not part of the Orion test, but I have started my shiny new job working on one of the "space taxis" to take astronauts to low earth orbit (IE space station). That's the stuff NASA is going to farm out to commercial interests to allow them to concentrate on "beyond earth orbit".

Haven't done much other than look foolish, though...

As far as the house, progress is good, as long as the money will hold out. Finishing siding and roof and then the outside will be done other than paint. New upper roof is insulated and drywall was underway this week. Need to get flooring sorted out, a new door we weren't expecting to replace, and then paint and finish work.

Still need to do major repairs to the driveway, though and that will be big bucks. I can wrestle the bikes through the drive (and of course the truck), but the low slung cars can't hack it right now.

Hanging in and hanging on. Trying to put together some sort of holiday celebration. The wife's job is very stingy about time off, unfortunately.

Nice dramatic looking beach shot though... Good stuff!
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Completely off-topic (Anarchy! Nobody to tell us naught!)... but have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRDWCLi-Io0

j.p.
    j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks for that. I have read a number of accounts, but never knew it was added to the "speed" series...
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 am

Hy guys it's only me I have not curled my toes up I have just been full of busy trying to catch up on jobs that have been put on the back burner all year while we were busy building the Mk 2 Bugilow and doing the marshaling , but am about there now just some flouring to put down in the new year and then it will be time to get on sorting the bikes out I am going to sell the XL 200r  and then get the Pan back on the road and make my mind up if that is finally going as well or if I am going to keep it to go to the TT on , last time out on it I was finding it a bit heavy for me , so am thinking of selling both bikes and getting a Yamaha Serow xt225 nice little  thumpa with lecy boot and light enough to go on the rack on the back of the Bugilow , so in to the new year and its down with the decorating tools and out with the spanners , looking back the year has been one of highs and lows that has had some really good and some lows I dont want to go in to , enough to say blood coming from places you dont want to see it but all has been checked and is looking ok thank goodness , the boss has a crumbling spine that is getting slowly worse and there is nothing they can do for it just try and manage with painkillers that up to press aren't working but fair does to the old girl she does what she can and gets on with life as best she can , as if she didn't have it bad enough putting up with me ,
    am finally going to get the computer crap sorted after crimbo as well have heard that Santa is going to be nice to me and bring me a new laptop yahoooo I have been using a Blackberry playbook for most things and for what they are and what I do on them it is fairly ok apart from on this site , for some strange reason when you scroll the page down as soon as you take your finger off the screen it goes straight back to where you started at the top of the page grrrrr very frustrating as this is the only site it does it on but am on one of the grand kids one tonight , so with a bit of luck should be back on more in the new year so for now I will wish you both all the best for the festives and new year and look forward to a bit of catch up

oh ye got a postcard off Timbs this morning no messages just a Merry Xmas and that was it will send him an Email over the next couple of days and see how it goes
    Steady Eddy
    Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Hey Eddy! Rumors of your untimely dismemberment at the hands of the trolls under the Fairy Bridge on IOM were greatly exaggerated, it would seem! Good to know you've escaped with most parts still working! Sorry to hear the boss has a dose of the bone pain we seem to all end up with. Hope it is reasonably bearable! God knows she has enough worry putting up with the likes of you!
    Send pictures of the Bigalow if you get a chance. I've always wanted one of them things, and now that I don't seem to travel much... Well, I still want one!
    My 'man-cave' provides some refuge, but a mobile unit would be spectacular!
    We are settling in for a fairly busy week. The Grandson arrived a few hours ago (2 1/2 years) and has set off the Holidays in grand fashion. All three kids will be here this year even though the overlap time is short. The closest is 5 hours away by road, and the youngest has further to travel across Canada than I would have to go visit you!
    No wonder the house seems empty much of the time!
    I did not take any vacation time in December this year, so I'll have to be fairly sneaky getting around work-hours. The design business is pretty slow this time of year anyways, so I guess I'll get in a fair amount of celebrating at home.
    Maybe we can coax some Christmas pictures out of Smilo of the beach, or at least in the resurrected house, to add some Christmassy flavour to the site!
    I think I have Tim's new address somewhere. We'll see if his bones are knit yet!
    No snow here at all yet, so I'll post a 'mud around the tree' photo in the next day or so!

j.p.
    j.p.
    j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:28 pm

Have fun with that Grandson J P , we have a Great Granddaughter of about the same age that lives close by and we look after her a couple of days a week while her mam and dad are at work , and she is such a joy , the light of our lives we are so lucky , and we have just this last month been blessed with a great Grandson that also lives local , so another one for me to lead astray ha ha , we have three kids two live local and one lives up in Jock Scotch Land about 200 miles away they normally come down for crimbo but this year are staying at home as our son has to go back to work soon after and their daughter is twenty months and they want her to have Christmas at home , fair does I suppose , so looks like 10 of us for Christmas lunch across the way at our daughters , so have a good one every one and I will catch up later as it looks like my services are going to be some what in demand for the next few days and am not sure when or if I will get chance to get back on here , have a good time and be good or I will get jealous
    Steady Eddy
    Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:45 am

Nice to get a little word from the FS BBS stragglers before the holidays.

Work on the house is progressing well.  Just trying to stay within budget.

Parents are down at their Florida place, so Christmas will be down there, we are leaving to head that way tomorrow.  

Struggling with new job, since I'm kind of starting from square one and things are really hectic.  It's exciting, but nerve-wracking as well.

Glad everyone has made it another year... But it's certainly been touch and go at times!  rendeer
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Smiley good to hear the work on the house is progressing , can't imagine what it must have been like having your home destroyed like that , and as for staying in budget , in this house there is no chance whenever I attempt any thing we always underestimate the cost by a mile and likewise underestimate how long it will take by a millenium , I would think a few days away with the folks will be nice break for you , lift the spirits and recharge the batteries , all the best for 2015 , if you get chance some photos of how things are going , fully understand that is a big shout and you may not get round to it
    Steady Eddy
    Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:19 am

Yeah, I've been taking pics for practical reasons, but might put a few online. Yeah, I wish I had a "time lapse" sequence or some such, but just to busy to mess with a lot of that at the time.
    Smilodon
    Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next