Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Bugilow Mk11 goes to the party

3 posters

Go down

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  Empty The Bugilow Mk11 goes to the party

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:46 am

Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  Empty Re: The Bugilow Mk11 goes to the party

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 am

ready for the festivities

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  17089920-de18-4ff9-afbd-7731e2cb9fd5
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  Empty Re: The Bugilow Mk11 goes to the party

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:51 am

Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:34 am

Was able to watch both the slideshows... Cool stuff!! I'm really a little amazed at the quality of the work on the bungalow. When I saw the start of "converting a work van to a camper", I kind of had an image in my mind of something a little less polished. It looks really nice... nicer than a factory one.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! santa
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:28 am

Thanks for the compliment Smily we did it in a way that suits us , with the boss having mobility problems there are things that have been done in ways to make it easier for her that may be would not be appropriate in a professional job , but to us that does not matter we are not concerned about resale value just our practical needs , this year alone we have had six weeks and at least five if not six long weekends away in it , and am returning about seven more MPG than the Mk1 Bugilow , so we think it was worth the effort and the expense, roll on the spring
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:17 am

Woah! You made up for a lack of photo posting in one swoop! I reviewed the first slide show and had a dozen questions on how things were done, then I watched the second one and said 'Aha! That's how!' on every second frame! Fabulous job, Ed! Having worked on several vans up to the plywood stage (work trucks), I'm impressed with the finish of the soft bits that make it a home!
Tell you what though, I kept on through your Bucket library and was MIGHTILY impressed with the work on the Yamaha! My God! Where did you find that thing? Buried in a salt marsh? Not sure I would have attempted that work even if it had been a free offering.
Also fun to see the improvement from the Mark I to the Mark II. AND I'm getting to be an 'away' expert on the IOM! I recognized about 80% of the shots of the island. I must be spending too much time on Google Earth Street View!
Merry Christmas!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:21 am

Oh yeah... Heard from Timbits a few days ago. He has not been kidnapped by aliens! He's planning on this year's TT, has been up the Dempster highway to Alaska this year, had his surgery, planning a trip to Newfoundland... Busy Beaver! Now if we could tempt him into joining this forum, we might be able to keep in touch a little better!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 am

ye he was on the original FS thats how I first got in touch with him , and met up with him at the IOM FS mad Sunday meet , happy days , the last proper email from him was just after his shoulder op and was still in a sling or immobilizer or what ever he called it , I know he was planning to come over for the TT again with a friend I think , hope to catch him this time as we just never managed it last time he is useless with phones and stuff
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:14 am

ye he was on the original FS thats how I first got in touch with him , and met up with him at the IOM FS mad Sunday meet , happy days , the last proper email from him was just after his shoulder op and was still in a sling or immobilizer or what ever he called it , I know he was planning to come over for the TT again with a friend I think , hope to catch him this time as we just never managed it last time he is useless with phones and stuff
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:29 am

Glad to hear from Timmy. Wish I knew about some of the other folks... SOF, Will, etc. I know a bunch are doing facebook stuff, but not really getting any closer to getting there myself.

I'll have to go back and look Eddy's other pics!

Happy New Year's Y'all... Certainly hope next year will be a bit better on this end.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 am

not seen Sof on any of the forums for a while now his brother was not well a couple of years back now but had got over it and was doing ok last time I saw them , which was not this years TT it was the 2013 one ,we went for a meal with GTN it was a nice day , GTN has remarried and is on the production line having another 2 children to Viory the new wife a nice girl that I have met a few times , as for Will I have no news at all not heard of him at all for ages , Little Rich is doing ok still living in Sheffield I think he has just got a new job , he is still doing the Marshaling for the TT and has moved up to be a DSM for the Apple Dean sector

then there's ME I am still over here by yonder as daft as ever lol
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm

in response to your earlier post JP the yam was a freebie , it was from a friend that had not used it much for a long time and had not looked after it at all and just wanted rid of it out of his garage so could utilise the space, so I brought it home thinking it would be a case of stripping it and selling off anything still usable , fully expecting everything to seized , but I gave it a pressure wash and had a better look at it wondering where to start , and once I did start I found that to my astonishment it all came to bits easy , and on closer inspection was not as bad as first thought , needing a exhaust and a swing arm new plug and air filter , exhaust and swinger from Ebay for £60 and all in with pair of tyres and tubes mot came in at I think it was about £250 on the road , lot of work but then my time is cheap , like the friend I got it off said when he saw the results he could not have done it and if he had taken it to a dealer to have the work done it would not have been viable , I am just glad I was given the chance for it is FUNN , and it loves the IOM roads playing with the big boys , absolutely loves it ,

as for the Mk1 Mk11 that was a case of the Mk1 was done cheapo not knowing if we would like living in a van , so when the opportunity came financially to upgrade we grasped it with both hands , now the Mk1 in basic layout worked for us and try as we might we could not come up with a layout that would make life in the van any easier so we thought right a slightly longer van would give us a bit more space , so we went for the MWB instead of the SWB , and just used better materials better cooker and a fridge , and we love it and the added bonus that the Mk11 does about 7 more MPG and is nicer to drive more power smoother , win win win , would I do another ?? I would never say never but I hope I never need to now at my age , we are content now to sit back and use it as much as we can
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Ye Smily I was just having a look through the introduce yourself section and sad to see all those names all coming on saying how good it was to have the site back , and never posted again ?? how sad its like they say there is no turning the clock back
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 am

No, the Facebook phenomena has killed many of these BBS sites. Besides the privacy issues, I prefer to chat with like minded folks about whatever, rather than advertise my every move.

It's like being in the phone book versus chatting at the pub.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:12 am

Ye I suppose that's true loads of forums are in the doldrums or vanishing to IOMTT.com forum has been closed down , the one that most have gone to TTwebsite is having a bit of a rush but for me I won't be there long I don't think , too restrictive , but we will see as there are people on that I would like to keep in touch with , and there are a couple of other forums that I go on that like this one are down to level that you wonder how long we can keep going , that's a thought men just in case it ever does fold my email ad is eddydaynes@gmail.com
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 am

Yeah... The smaller forums are the best 'pubs', the big ones are like shouting at a mall! I've kept email info from the old site as well... In the meantime, I'm looking out the window at the first storm of the season and considering when I should start up the snow-blower. Not all that keen to be truthful, so I'm editing pictures from Christmas...
The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  2015-01-0116_zps533d8088
As per usual tradition, we stole the tree from the neighbor's (makes them crazy! They've only got about 2,000 more!)

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  2015-01-032_zps704ab89c
Looks a little crappy out the living room window...

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  2015-01-0111JPG_zps48d5817f

Some of us know how to spend the winter though...

Needs a little preparation last week, we were glad to have help from the next generation!

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  2014-12-2317_zps7fed1590

Now... Were is that 'History of the TT' book I need to read over again??

The Bugilow  Mk11 goes to the party  2015-01-041_zps85b0a930
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:19 am

Still warm down around these parts on and off. In the low 80's (F) many days over the holidays. No, not really global warming, just depends on how we hit the fronts coming down from up north. Temp can vary 30 or so degrees (F) from one side to the other. This last couple of weeks they mostly stayed (just) north of us, keeping it warm (and a little damp) in these parts.

Pretty good riding weather, but not much time to ride, and a bit of difficulty getting to the bike(s) at the moment.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 am

Well, we are getting all sorts here mainly cold and windy , -8 C on a night I know that's not cold by some peoples standards, but to us softies its cold, at long last I have got a new secondhand updown loading lapbottem intergalactic wonder wapper , any one know how to use it propper , coss I haven't a clue , no distructions would you believe ?? now where's that screwhamber ?? I will sort it !!
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down