Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Having a bad week  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Having a bad week

3 posters

Go down

Having a bad week  Empty Having a bad week

Post by Steady Eddy Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Last week has been a crap week , had a funeral to go to always sad saying goodbye to some one you cared about this one was my God Mother a lovely lady the last of the older generation in our family now leaving me as the elder , not keen on that idea , day before that the not so smart smart phone packed up knackered so on the way home from the funeral called in the phone shop and bought another day up till God knows what time setting it all up and there were a couple of things I couldn't get it to do ( think every one knows I am a bit of a ludite when it comes to the techno crap ) so next morning the boss decides she can sort it , oh ye , half he later phone all locked up talking to us telling us what buttons we had just touched , then the washing machine packs up , it just feels as if what ever I touch it goes wrong grrrr hope this week gets better , the big bike is due its yearly test this week then it is over to Scarborough on Friday in the Bugilow ready for the first race meeting of the year for us , I am so looking forward to that , shake off the winter blues
Keep Well Keep in Touch
ED
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Having a bad week  Empty Re: Having a bad week

Post by Smilodon Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:38 am

Yeah, can't say much for funerals, that's for sure.  I'm a little more tolerant of the other stuff (broke this and that) these days, but only because of being in the hole that I've finally dug myself out of.

Still cuss at them, but try not to let them get me down.  Finally had a MotoGP that I could watch live (due to timezone) this past weekend and the computer that I stream stuff from the MotoGP website decided to have a weird issue... Which isn't that bad, because I can get "OK" coverage from my cable, EXCEPT they changed the name from "motorcycle racing" to "MotoGP", so my DVR didn't record them... Technology... Gives us thousands of options, most of which don't work.

Hopefully all the rusty bits you replaced on your bike to get it back on the road aren't all rusty again!

Not to rub it in (you'll get me back when summer rolls in), but the weather has been great here.

Finally moved my work location to a place that provides a better bike ride, so will probably start the occasional commute.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:28 am

I am totally with you on the technology that doesn't work the more they tell me I have all this stuff and how wonderfull it is the more it seems to me it goes wrong , it windes me up no end , I changed providers for my phone's and tv and internet all of it now on finer optic go faster supposedly 5 times faster and loads of extra tv channel's and better mobile coverage , ye sure , I wish some one would tell my whap top as it don't seem any faster to me and stops out just as much as it ever did the tv still has to watch all the soap crap coranation st and emmerdale farm for best part of 2hrs ( that seem like 4 hrs ) every night , on the bright side has the big baby out today had a ride down to the test station to book it in for its test in on Thursday 2.00 pm then round the block , God it felt good can't wait to get out and have a proper ride out , soon as after we get back from Scarborough , so how long a comute is the new work place , I never liked travelling to work most of my working life I was stationed close by ten mins from home , being a truck driver travelling was what I got payed for didn't like doing it in my time ,

Keep Well Keep in Touch
ED
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 am

My old location was about 10 miles one way, this one is 16. But, most of the new trip is not on "public" roads, so there isn't much traffic. And it runs through a wildlife preserve, so would make a nice bike ride on a good day. Not much in the way of corners though, and if it is dawn or dusk you gotta watch out for animals. The old trip was just too short to be worth getting all the gear together. I'll e-mail you a google street view (don't want to put it on here) of the new digs.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:09 am

That will be fun me all techno street flying , dont go out for a while there could some Old Yorkshire Git doing a crash landing , lol but I am game if you are lol
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:28 am

I've been a bit in the dumps lately. Not too much posting or following or lurking... Several doctors appointments and more to come. Still carrying on the day to day, but the results of various tests are inconclusive and now I need more detailed analysis of why my old body seems to be wearing out a bit. Think you went thorough heart problems too, eh Eddie?
Nothing serious ... yet... but you can tell when things aren't 'right'.
All this makes me rethink where I 'am'. In theory, I could now retire from the grind. As long as I want to exist as a pauper. I have too many bad habits to break to change my lifestyle quickly, so we'll keep on reporting for work for a bit yet.
I've been calculating though, and if I reach the median age for the average Canadian man, I now have a little over 100,000 hours left on this planet.

Hmmm... The warranty on my car is 60,000 km... And that seems really short!

Easy projects are therefore on the go. Must make good of the last hours!  Rolling Eyes
At least until the veterinarian tells me that my fur is OK, and I can go back at the hard stuff.

Planning for back road meandering this summer (if the weather ever gets above freezing), and in the meantime, the kayak is still on the operating table for it's major 'refit'.

Having a bad week  2016-04-10%206_zpszv9ekp7d

Do you know how expensive fiberglass is? I could have bought a new plastic boat for the money I'm spending re-fitting this one!

No races for me. Too cheap to get satellite coverage, and normal Canadian sports TV doesn't know there is any such thing as motorcycle racing (does have lots of NASCAR though Mad ). I'll follow along a few days late on Youtube!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:37 am

Yes I had heart problems , first off I was on my way with the wife and granddaughter to do the weekly shop , and just started feeling clamy and just not right couldnt put my finger on it , rested for the rest of the weekend , this was on the friday evening , still didn't feel right on the Monday so went to the docs then after a lot of tests like yours inconclusive eventualy sent me for a test that put some dye in the blood and they then took pictures of it going round the heart that showed up the scaring that told them I had had an heart attac , so it was loose weight and all that and lumbered on for about 8 or 9 years then went for the check up for the wagon leicence and failed it , so more checks the results of wich said I needed a heart tripple bypass 5 years ago and it worked wonders now feel great packed work in as I had reached retirment age and found that I could manage on what we were getting ok we have to continualy watch the budget but we manage , and feel that what we are getting now is a bonus , so am packing in as much as we can , and are loving it , live the dream make it happen , life is in your hands
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Amazing what they can do with bailing wire and duct tape. I'm assuming I might be in for blood thinners and maybe cholesterol busting drugs, but we'll see what the pictures say.
Pushed a little harder than I should have yesterday and could feel myself getting out of breath, but then I realized 1/2 hour later that I felt fine again...Suspect

Doc said that I was not supposed to do that kind of shit... so I better lay off for this week until tested.
Meantime, I think I'll buy new boots for this year's adventure rides in the bush. I'm not giving up THAT easy!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Ye , by the sound of it get the results in so you know were you are at, then you will know how faryou can push
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Sorry to hear about health issues, but at least that is an area where repairs are well developed and available if necessary.

Hope you are feeling better and diagnoses go well.

Trying to figure out how I can retire too, but not coming up with much for many of the same reasons.  Just the accessory bill for the Ducati alone... Rolling Eyes
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Things can be always be worse...

Broke in to the wine and listening to Purple Rain. Probably on too loud.
Don't think the dog understands, but he's still curled up under the chair... Crying or Very sad
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:24 am

Well, try to get out and have a bike ride... That always helps me.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 am

Back from the boneyard... Fascinating watching a screen as the doctors poke long wires around inside you and murmur quietly to themselves with what sounds like "Tsk-tsk" and "Unh-ohh...". Imagination is a powerful anxiety causing sentiment when miss-directed by wilful ignorance. I refused to self-diagnose using good old Google, so I had to rely on real doctors.
They claim I AM going to die... very vague on the decade. Something about we're all going to die stupid!
Anyhoo... Definitely heart 'disease' but not something they are going to crack me open like a lobster just yet. I do have an artery not flowing properly (which I actually watched on the tv), but nature has found an alternate route and nothing is damaged.
Drugs are the weapon of choice. Marathons and mountain climbing are out for a while.
"Let's review in a few months. Let us know right away if it feels worse".
They make you sign a form at the beginning of the procedure that says 'If we kill you doing this, we're really sorry but you can't sue us'. 1 in 1000 sounds like great odds when you're talking about not getting hit by a bus, but much more frighting when the bus is standing right in front of you wearing a mask and holding a needle!
So something of a relief, but still not a 'cure' yet. I can see a quiet summer coming up with less chainsawing and more lounging after quiet walks. I'm OK with that!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 am

Glad to hear it is good(ish) news.

We haven't been Disney-ing for quite a while, so we got season passes for our wedding anniversary and did a bit of that this weekend.

Lots more people staring at phone screens since the last time I was there (sad really).

They have a new thing where you wear a wrist-band that opens your hotel room, buys you stuff in the park and gets you into the gate. Kind of habit forming. I was looking for a place to wave the wrist band in the bike shop, but no such luck.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down