November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Run away for a few days

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Run away for a few days

Post by Smilodon on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 pm

j.p. wrote:Yeahhh... Pretty much the same for me. Except that we are still getting enough sunshine... but no hotel , no trip, no Ireland, no Land of Scots (unless you count Bretons as Scots), and sadly again - no IOM... tongue Crying or Very sad   I'm doing something wrong...

Is winter finally over up there? Very Happy
Smilodon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieC on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:48 am

Just setting off to get as far north as we can before tomorrow morning’s ferry to Belfast. Cookstown this coming weekend and Tandragee a week later, will keep you posted as to how it goes ...

Sent from Topic'it App
KatieC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 am

Hope the weather cooperates! We'll want full descriptions and pictures too of course.
And yes Smilo... The weather has finally turned. 16C here tomorrow. That's balmy for us, no sweaters. There is still a patch of snow out in the woods though. Dog found it this afternoon and reveled in a little nose-diving, back-scratching, tail-wagging in the nice white crunchy stuff...
j.p.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:12 am

Kate is not having the best of luck in the Emerald Isle the gearbox is playing up on the Megabus so cutting the grand tour short I hear lucky the have the bike with them to get about on till after the races the plan then to limp home by all accounts no doubt she will log in as and when she can with an update fingers crossed they make it back ok must be worrying
Steady Eddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy on Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 am

Last heard the Megabus went in to get sorted and was going to need a gearbox and new clutch , auch not good the joys of motoring ,
Steady Eddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy on Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 am

Just as I had posted this Kate put up on FB that the Megabus is back on the road , so no where is safe again
Steady Eddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon on Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Woo hoo, still life around here. I'm off on a holiday myself next week. No big adventure, just a fly/rental car trip to the SW US.

I was planning a big bike trip out there last year, but that got killed by the hurricane. So, I'm considering this a "scouting" mission for a future bike trip.
Smilodon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy on Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 am

Good for you we are away down in Cornwall just coming to the last few days before heading home we will have had three weeks and a couple of days by thd time we get back on Sunday/ Monday then will have to get a load of photos sorted to post on here (it is a pain having to use a image hosting site for photos on forums ) but we have had a great time , we started off at Stratford on Avon Shakespears home town birth place for two nights then on to Wells thst has a Cathederal with the most amasing stone frontage then on down to Cornwall and worked our way down to Lands End and the most Southerly point the Lizard then we are working on round just chilling and enjoying the scenery there are some great aces down here and we have been lucky with the weather it has been good to us , only blot on the time away that Kate has been sneaking in to Yorkie land getting up to goodness knows what
Steady Eddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon on Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 am

Looking forward to seeing the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Bryce Canyon, etc. I've traveled a bit, but managed to miss this area of the US.

Be good to get away from all the house projects as much as work for a while.
Smilodon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am

You do need to get away every now and again just to recharge the batteries , trouble is my batteries seam to take more and more charging the older we get , Oh well up to Ayr next weekend all being well the boss has come down with a chest infection I did the manly thing and offered to rub it better but was refused , then the weekend after over to the east coast to Skinygrove to see the other son then the weekend after I think it is it is over to the IOM for the Southern 100 for a couple of weeks trying to hide from that Kate Coupling women , don't want her teaching the boss bad habits lol
Steady Eddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2