Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Some Good TT News For Us Yanks

+4
Silly Olde Fart
j.p.
Steady Eddy
Smilodon
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Good TT News For Us Yanks

Post by gary the nurse Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:40 pm

All I can say is-get the popcorn in and turn off the phone and hang a do not disturb sign on your door...oh and go to the loo before you press play cos you won't want to get up during it!the footage this yr is brilliant!

gary the nurse

Location : the home of the little people and biggest bike race in the world

Back to top Go down

Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Good TT News For Us Yanks

Post by Smilodon Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 am

The Velocity coverage was same day and WAS the ITV coverage, except for an intro specific to Velocity.  So, fair play to them.  Same day TT coverage in the states, kind of mind-boggling really.

We were mostly watching the ITV coverage because we could watch it even sooner than Velocity.  And the "furrin" commercials were more interesting (well, for a while anyhow).
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:49 am

Glad you had some good coverage I very rarely watch TV but the friends that I was staying with this year watched it every night and I inevitably watched it with them and have to admit there was some good footage but this year must go down as being one of the most competitive in years the standard of the top 20 or more riders have never been so high imo
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by bill h Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

Hey Eddy, I just completed my on line sign up for the MGP and picked my locations for the fortnight.  Do you know where you will be working yet, or do you intend to just do photography work this year?

bill h

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Bill I will be on the response car as usual , where will you be , and whats that Me a Photographer Ha Ha Ha you been spending time on another forum LOL
Some Good TT News For Us Yanks - Page 2 22367f0b-c5b7-4b4d-98ee-51a117166dd6
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by bill h Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Eddy,  I move around the entire fortnight, mostly to the same places as previous years, but I try a couple of new ones each year.  I always start Monday of practice week at Ginger Hall, then Sulby Bridge (new), - Hillberry (new), Ballacrye, - Governers Bridge (new).  Races are Sat. at the Bottom of Barregarrow, then to Rhen Cullen, next to Glen Hellen, and I will finish up at Gorse Lea.  It's usually easy to find me at these spots; since I'm an American, I'm usually the only one there that's speaking the language properly.

I heard you getting into a new pastime - teaching these photographer dudes to take pictures with the backgrounds clear and in focus properly.

bill h

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 am

Yes it has been a cause of much hilarity , but to little effect I am sad to have to say , as for you being from tother side on pond you are far from being on your own in the Orange we seem to get a good many of your country men joining us and most welcome you are , hope you enjoy it , suppose you must to keep coming back  for more
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by bill h Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 am

Well, I have had a mate go over with me the past couple of years and they signed on also.  I am going alone this year, but I will see what next year brings.

bill h

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2