Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Recent Activities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Recent Activities

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recent Activities - Page 2 Empty Re: Recent Activities

Post by Steady Eddy Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:26 pm

They were both ok or I would not have shown them , I have troubles with the dark side of our sport , I have seen too much of it over the yesrs as a marshal and as a spectator , the Scab track is very narrow and with all the trees a very dangerous track , hardly any run offs to talk of by todays standards , and sad to have to say it the super bikes are getting too fast for the place

Racing on the IOM today Manx Radio TT on the interwhap topflop 11.30 our time
MD to ride a Bob Mac Gilera rep of his first 100mph lap inbetween the two races , wish I was there for that and the Jurby festival tomorrow , the rest of the event they can keep for me
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am

There is a very popular movie made in Canada (well, it's popular over here...) about a guy that gives up a few years of his life for a chance at the TT. It's called 'One man's island'. Sorta a for-runner to 'Closer to the edge'. It was done about his lap in 2002, so the 'on board' camera work was pretty rudimentary. Anyhoo... He does pretty well for a rookie, but doesn't break the 100 MPH. It really brings in to focus both how hard the track is, and how much faster the bikes are today. Good film is you can borrow a copy... Probably on Youtube somewheres...

https://vimeo.com/51072723
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:39 am

Yeah, I've seen some trailers for "One Man's Island", but haven't gotten to see the whole thing yet. Asked for the DVD as a gift a few times... Maybe I should just treat myself. Like you say, I might be able to find it on one of my streaming services.

Well, the garage-mahal build-out starts today! Spent the weekend moving stuff around so we can demolish some bits. First, a wall will be built so I can store most of my stuff in a secure area while the major construction moves forward.

Nail-biting stuff... Hardened a bit after the fire stuff, so I'll pull through.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am

I was just wondering about your progress this morning! I was considering cleaning up my shop section, and decided to wait for a rainy day instead. No sense in wasting sun-beams. Don't forget to take pictures for documentary purposes, we'll want proof of the tales you'll inevitably have to tell!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 am

When I retired nearly 7 years ago now , one of my ambitions was to tidy up the man cave so I could get from one end to the other in a straight line, remembering my man cave is as you would call a compact garage being just 13' × 23' , I have to sit standing hither and admit that the project is still very much a work in progress , and no nearer being a done deal than the day I finished work , as for take photos of it sorry I am no way about to put in to digital history the sorry state my man cave has turned in to , the only thing in my defence I will say is I can still just get the Pan in and out of the cave in under the hr (I jest a hr and a half lol , no honest I can do it in les than 5 when I think she is about to give me a job )
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:26 am

When I retired nearly 7 years ago now , one of my ambitions was to tidy up the man cave so I could get from one end to the other in a straight line, remembering my man cave is as you would call a compact garage being just 13' × 23' , I have to sit standing hither and admit that the project is still very much a work in progress , and no nearer being a done deal than the day I finished work , as for take photos of it sorry I am no way about to put in to digital history the sorry state my man cave has turned in to , the only thing in my defence I will say is I can still just get the Pan in and out of the cave in under the hr (I jest a hr and a half lol ,  no honest I can do it in les than 5 when I think she is about to give me a job )
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum