Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics

Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough

4 posters

Go down

Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  Empty Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough

Post by Steady Eddy Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:35 am

Not a good meeting got off to a slow start on the Saturday then on the Sunday we had two bad accedents where bikes endedupcrasshing in to the crowd with 5 people in the first incedent and 6 in the second resulting in 2 helimed 's to the first and 3 to the second and having to abandon the rest of the meeting ,
.but here are a few of the photos that I managed to get when they were running.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sJwc3O8DiMIx6IZb2
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  Empty Re: Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough

Post by Smilodon Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 am

Great pics, sorry to hear about the bad crashes cutting things short. I've been watching a fair few roadraces over the last year (a lot more access to the coverage than I used to have).

Always a little unclear exactly when the given race was actually run (could be last year for all the information I get watching it), but in general it seems to be a bad(ish) year for the road races with weather and/or serious crashes and injuries.

Always an issue, maybe I'm just seeing it more because of the improved coverage...
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough  Empty Re: Few from the Gold cup at Scarborough

Post by Steady Eddy Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Think you are right on both counts , a lot more coverage on TV and the like and yes some bad accedents over the last couple of years and the changing climate has played havac with race scheduals and getting steayly worse at some events a shortage of marshals , and no I am not going back to it no way too many things I am not happy with , COC refusing a race stop , not sticking to regs turing it in to run what ya brung (if you pay enough ) no glad to be out of it ,
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 am

Great shots Eddie. It is only a matter of time before the lawyers and the insurance bandits close road racing down. It happened in F1 when they made all the tacks conform to safety regs. All the little tracks could not make the adjustments. Can you imagine trying to build run-off areas and sand bank catch traps at Scarborough? One of my North American favorites is Mont Tremblant/St.Jovite in Quebec. It got the ax from F1 and they built the Villeneuve Circuit in Montreal to replace the race venue. Nice to have a track so close to a major metropolitan area (take the subway - 5 minutes!), but a sole-less track with only reserved bleacher seating. Might as well watch from home on the big TV. The old track has now been resurrected for amateur and club racing. Even though some of the old seating areas on the grass are gone, you can still wander the grounds and park in the infield. No F1 or Indy cars though... unless they're antiques!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Oh yeah... And McPints leg brace looks painful! When is he getting it off?
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 am

Not sure , I have heard two different storys to that one , one was December ready for Xmas and the other was march ,
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieC Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

I notice that Eddy didn’t mention the best part of the Gold Cup, i.e. meeting up with the Lovely Man & myself. My first visit to Scarborough, loved it despite the problems. We took Mega Bus to a campsite & rode in on the *cough* scooter. McPint was in the paddock, signing copies of his autobiography. He looks pretty pale & thin, has lost a lot of weight.

And at Eddy’s recommendation, we went to the S100 this year. We’d booked for the TT but when the invoice arrived, the Steam Racket wanted near enough £800 for the ferry (motorhome + 2) so we switched the booking and had a great time. Intending a return visit in 2018 now.

Sent from Topic'it App
KatieC
KatieC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 am

See how things work out for the best when you take the advice of the best Kate ( this is very frustraiting having to use your Sunday name in stead of the usual hy you Coulling )
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

800 pounds! (I can't find the 'L' symbol thing on this Canadian computer). Good Lord! Is that buying shares in the SteamRacket, or just part of the boat? The local ferry ride for a motorhome to Newfoundland (longer ride - 7 hours) is $175 (up to 30') and $88 for two passengers (one way). Aren't subsidized rates great?
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down