Flying-Sparks.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Beesa  

Latest topics
» IOM Southern 100
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am by Steady Eddy

» old suspension bridge
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:39 am by Smilodon

» getting ready for the off
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am by Steady Eddy

» Anybody at TT 2018?
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am by Steady Eddy

» Run away for a few days
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am by Steady Eddy

» Garage Work and Hurricane
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am by Smilodon

» Mands & sidecars
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am by KatieC

» First trip away of 2018
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am by Steady Eddy

» Car Related Stuff
Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm by Steady Eddy

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics

Lazy-hazy days of summer??

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy-hazy days of summer??

Post by Smilodon Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:13 am

Hey J.P., maybe we can get you down here to visit the theme parks or something and I can say hello in person. I tried to visit when I was up that way, but you are WAY out in the boonies, even in North American terms!

Same for you Eddy... You *do* have a new grandkid and all. It's only a matter of time until the Disney trip comes up!

Although in Eddy's case, with any luck, I'll be back over for a race some day and can look for the orange vest!
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks Smilo!
We have a steady stream from work with Mickey Mouse fetishes! They sit around comparing how cheap the flight was and what a great motel room they got and what new rides they didn't go on.... Blehhhh!! My cousin was living on Key Biscane and kept offering to house me for a visit.
When I told them how much money I was considering spending to get to IOM they instantly compared it to how many weeks I could get at Disney World instead! (A lot!).
I REALLY hate Mickey! Sorry if I offend any one (any of us three, I guess Rolling Eyes ), but I'm more of a Wile E. Coyote-Seminole Sam- type of guy.
You never know though... There's a lot of other stuff to see in Florida. I wonder how long it would take to get the KLR down there?

... Naw... I'd have to resurrect the Ninja for that kind of trip!
Probably more likely to all meet up on the promenade in Douglas!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smilodon Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:25 am

Well, having to live with the parks certainly creates a love/hate relationship on my part as well. There is really something for everyone, though. I can't help but have fun there somewhere. And then there is the whole Universal/Harry Potter stuff, etc. etc.

I used to work for Time Warner and supported the Warner Brothers catalog, so got to see plenty of Loonie Toons stuff. We also used to have a WB store in a local mall.

Anyhow... You might want to consider the reverse of the trip we made. Get down to Virginia (Washington DC really) and take the train down to Sanford.

South Florida is a love/hate thing with me too (mostly hate). But, it has it's pretty spots. We go down there now and again. Great Japanese garden down there that has cool festivals.

Anyhow... Maybe I'll take a cruise up your way. I understand they stop near you now.
Smilodon
Smilodon

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:20 am

We do get the occasional little boat in the harbor...

Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 264396858_2ec3c9ca2c_o

This was taken years ago, but the regular ships are in all summer. They do seem to have a good time, but the stop here is measured in hours! They arrive in the morning, do a tour somewhere (mostly the Fortress of Louisbourg - just down the road from me), and leave overnight.

My old CB 'handle' (remember CB radio? Gawd! I'm old!) was Wile E.Coyote... I always support the underdog!
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddy Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Sorry Smiley but alas the Disney trip for me will never happen the boss is told not to undertake long haul flights on medical grounds so am afraid it is a no no, as for you looking out for me in the Orange no way if you do come over then I will want to know about it and I will make damned sure we have that meet up thats for sure there will be no need to look out for me I will be hunting you down lol
as for the CB good buddy days my handle was Whiskery Dan , and had a lot of fun on the CB IK was Chairman of the local CB club we used to do treasure hunts take the kids Ice skating run discos and general meet ups ye happy days good fun , still had mine in the truck till they kicked me out still have some in a draw in the garage lol
Steady Eddy
Steady Eddy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.p. Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Ah... Yes! The CB days. My super-de-dooper cruise vehicle of the day!

Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 Hernandez_zps19b51019

'He' (all my cars were male - not sure why...) was called 'Hernandez da Vega'. 1974 vintage, 40 watt stereo, 6 speakers, cassette deck, Lucas quartz headlights, and of course a top quality CB radio WITH monster antenna sprouting out of the center of the roof (all the better for long distance reception). Managed to pull in Jamaica one night on a long distance 'skip'. Loved that car, but it rotted out in 3 years. I believe it was a secret plot from Chevrolet to build cars with recycled cardboard that looked like steel. Went through a succession of Sciroccos after that that were also rust kings... **sigh**...
Mind you, look what I was riding at the time!

Lazy-hazy days of summer?? - Page 2 400FTouring_zpsa6f1e064

Gawd! Who would DO that to a perfectly good CB400F??? I guess I needed the baggage stuff... I was riding it 100 miles round trip daily to work and then using it for 500 mile trips on the weekend. **sigh** again... (Before marriage)...
j.p.
j.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2